Full Day tour introducing Classical Athens and Greek Cuisine.
Visiting Places: Acropolis and the Parthenon, Acropolis Museum, Church of Aghios Dimirios Loumbardiaris, Philopappou Hill, Old Distillery and Bar.
From iconic ancient monuments and classical heritage in the morning to wine and art in the evening, this day-long tour is an ideal introduction to Greece, both classical and contemporary.
- Tour the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum with a licensed archaeologist
- Stand in awe as you stand inside the 16th century Church of Aghios Dimirtrios Loumbardiaris
- Discover the masterworks of Dimitris Pikionis, one of Greece’s most famed architects and the visionary behind the pedestrian walkway leading to the Acropolis
- Savour the city’s finest souvlaki in bustling Monastiraki
- Sample traditional liquor at a century-old distillery and bar
- Explore the historic Plaka neighborhood, located in the shadow of the Acropolis, with an expert guide
- End your day with a true Athenian dinner in a traditional restaurant overlooking the illuminated Acropolis
Vendor: Discover Greek Culture (DGC)
Start time: Private groups: daily, 9:15am | Shared groups: 9:15, Sundays | All Year.
Duration: Full Day 13 hours, including 2h 45m break.
Meeting Point: Acropolis Metro Station (meeting / ending)
Group size: Private groups: min. 2 - max 14 persons | Shared groups: min. 7 - max. 14 persons
Pace: Easy, walking. (*The Greek terrain is often hilly, in the countryside and in urban areas alike. If you have mobility issues or special requirements, please specify so in your booking form in order to advise the Vendor accordingly. who will strive to provide you with additional accessibility information and find a suitable solution.)
Spoken Language: English, Greek, French and Spanish. More languages are available upon request.
Included: Licensed Archeologist, all entrance fees, refreshments (1 drink and 1 shot at bar), light lunch (souvlaki) and 3-course dinner (all meals include wine, beer or sodas).
Excluded: Other food & drinks, alcoholic beverages other than wine and beer (e.g. spirits) with meals, transport to/from meeting points unless otherwise mentioned, gratuities (Optional)
Note: This tour is for private parties or shared groups. Special dietary preferences can be catered upon request. This is a family friendly tour - however, please note that this tour includes an evening visit to a distillery/bar. Optional private transfer to and from the meeting point available upon request.
Discounts for Young Travellers: Infants 0-2 years (0-23 months): Free of charge | Children 2-12 yrs: 50% discount | Children 13-18 yrs: 20% discount
Why we like it
Great way to spend a full day and capture a bit of everything that the city has to offer.