Marathon Lake Round by Bike
Marathon Lake Round by Bike
Join this fantastic short-day cycling trip round of the historical Marathon lake through a lakeside forest route.
Visiting Places: Marathon Lake, Marathon Dam, Forest & Agriculture land.
Duration: 5 hours (approx.)
WHY WE LOVE IT
One of the most adventurous things to do on your Athens visit, this electric mountain bike tour beside the beautiful Marathon Lake in the historic area of Marathon will leave you with memories of a lifetime!
Situated in a very short distance from Athens, this artificial lake of 2,450 acres supplies the capital with water since the construction of the dam in 1931.
Your route starts at the centre of Agios Stefanos city (easily accessible by train) and reaches the lake with variations through a passable forest path, a lakeside route on rural dirt roads next to crops and passages crossing streams. The nature and vegetation will enchant you, rich in bushes, tall pine trees and shady plane trees as well as the unobstructed view to the lake and the green fields surrounding it. Shortly before the end of the trip, you will relax enjoying a coffee or a refreshment at the garden of “Fragma” café before you take the road back.
- First-class electric bikes
- Unique bike route and location
- A pleasantly paced day of adventure
Dates | Start Time: Available daily upon request. Recommended starting time at 9:30 AM.
Duration: 5 hours (33km)
Group Size: Shared group of max. 10 participants (min. 2 participants required for the tour to run)
Spoken Language: English, Greek (sign language upon request).
Meeting Point: 5 minute walk from Agios Stefanos Train station (exact address to be provided after booking).
Pace: Moderate. Tour is ideal for people who are not beginners and have little experience in mountain bike routes. No special technical skills required. From a scale of 1 (easy) to 5 (difficult) this tour is rated as 2.5
Included: Professional guide, electric bicycle (pedelec), bicycle helmet, handlebar bag, water & snack.
Excluded: Transfers to/from meeting point.
Note: The ride is not recommended for beginners and families.
Young Travelers: Suitable for children over 12 years old.
Full refund is provided in case you cancel at least 24 hours before the realization of the tour.
- Confirmation to be received as soon as possible (within 24 hours from booking)
- You can present either a print out or an electronic booking confirmation for this activity
- Complete information on Vendor, including local telephone numbers at your destination, will be sent with your Booking Confirmation. The TravelPorter hand-picks the most remarkable, experienced and reliable vetted professionals for a pleasant experience from booking to completion.