Afternoon Guided Walk in Athens
Afternoon Guided Walk in Athens
Visit ancient Athens in the afternoon sun with this unique walking tour, ideal for leisure and business travelers who don't want to commit to a day tour.
Visiting Places: Acropolis and the Parthenon, Acropolis Museum, Traditional Wine Store.
Duration: 3.5/4.5 hours (approx.)
Good news! The bigger the group, the lower the price!
*Select Group Size to see how price per person changes. Quantity on checkout must match Group Size category.
A chance to visit the Acropolis, one of the capital’s most acclaimed museums and to enjoy a taste of renowned Greek produce and hospitality.
This evening tour is ideal for both business and leisure travellers who want to make the most of their precious time on the ground, and offers a great opportunity to experience the best of the Greek capital without having to compromise on a busy work day.
- Enjoy some personal time (or sleep in!) in the morning before this unique afternoon tour of Athens
- Tour the Acropolis Museum with a licensed archaeologist
- Taste traditional Greek wines and local produce at an old-fashioned wine store
- Enjoy a guided stroll down luxurious Dionysiou Areopagitou Street and take in some of the city’s most beautiful architecture
- Watch the sun set majestically into the Aegean Sea from the Acropolis Rock, one of the world’s most iconic landmarks
Why we like it
This evening walking tour is a great introductory tour for first time visitors and business travelers with limited free time in the morning who want to experience a snapshot of classical Athens and the important Greek landmarks of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum.
Dates | Start Time: All year | Winter Tours (Nov-Mar): Daily, 3:30pm | Summer Tours (Apr-Oct): Tue-Sun, 4pm.
Duration: 3.5 hours (Winter) / 4.5 hours (Summer)
Group size: min. 2 - max. 14 persons (1 person tours upon request)
Spoken Language: English, Greek, German, French and Spanish. More languages are available upon request.
Meeting Point: Acropolis Metro Station (meeting/ending)
Pace: Easy, Walking (* The Greek terrain is often hilly, in the countryside and in urban areas alike. If you have mobility issues or special requirements, please contact us and let us know in advance. Your guides will provide you with additional accessibility information and do their best to find a suitable solution.)
Included: Licensed archeologist, all entrance fees, one coffee break/tasting session, as specified. Optional private transfer to and from the meeting point available upon request
Excluded: Other Food & Drinks, Transport to/from meeting points unless otherwise mentioned, Gratuities (Optional)
Note: This is a private tour offered on demand. Special dietary preferences can be catered upon request. This is a family friendly tour, but please note that this tour includes a visit to a wine store.
Discounts for Young Travellers: Children 2-12 yrs: 50% discount | Children 13-18 yrs: 20% | Children up to 2 years: Free. Ask for your Discount Code here.
Vendor: Discover Greek Culture (DGC)
In case the minimum number of travellers is not reached (7 participants) for Shared group tours, vendor reserves the right to cancel the tour. Please take some time to read in full the Vendor's cancellation policy here.
- Confirmation to be received as soon as possible (within 24 hours from booking)
- You can present either a print out or an electronic booking confirmation for this activity
- Complete information on Vendor, including local telephone numbers at your destination, will be sent with your Booking Confirmation. The TravelPorter hand-picks the most remarkable, experienced and reliable vetted professionals for a pleasant experience from booking to completion.
More unique tours and activities in Athens
Full Day tour from the Royal Gardens to the Literary Salons, a colourful journey through Greece's Modern History that will captivate all the senses.
Visiting Places: National Garden of Athens, Numismatic Museum (Iliou Melathron), Museum of the City of Athens, Benaki Museum
An Inspiring Journey to the Spiritual Center of Classical Greece, and the Home of its Most Famous Oracle.
Visiting Places: Archaeological Site and Museum of Delphi, Hosios Loukas Monastery and Arachova village (Apr-Oct).
Duration: Full day
Time-Honoured Greek Hospitality in a Place of Timeless Beauty and Awe.
Visiting Places: Stroll and dinner in a private mansion in Plaka neighbourhood.
Duration: 3h45m (approx.)