Olympic Games Workout
Olympic Games Workout
Bring your Olympic dreams to life! Experience the world's first modern Olympic Stadium like no other.
Visiting Places: Zappeion and Panathenaic Stadium.
Duration: 2 hours
Why we like it
Train and have fun in a unique travel adventure around the history of the Olympic Games!
Start your day just below the National Garden at the magnificent neoclassical building known as the Zappeion. You will learn about the role that the ancient Olympics played in society over the millennium. While exploring, you’ll discover many things like how ancient athletes trained and what disciplines were incorporated as the games transformed — this is great for loading up on sports and history trivia. Explore everything the location has to offer and discover how, 1500 years later, the first modern Olympics were again organised and held in Athens.
After taking in all the history it's time to get busy! Show off your skills in a historic gym nearby learn the classical games like the discus and the javelin throw and try your shot at relay races, long jump and shot put.
Your next and final stop is the unique Panathenaic Stadium, made entirely out of marble; this will the be the peak of the trip to Athens. You will be able to race around the stadium, right on the very tracks the first Olympians competed in more than a century ago... and don’t worry about the finish line!
- Gain an understanding of what the Olympic games meant to the people then and discover the history of ancient Olympic games.
- Discover the Zappeion which is the first contemporary Olympic facility.
- Warm up your muscles and exercise your skills in a historic 19th-century gymnasium.
- Experience the Panathenaic Stadium, the home of the 1896 Olympic Games.
Dates | Start time : Mon-Sun, All Year | Shared and Private Groups: 8:30am. Private groups available upon request here.
Duration: 11 hours.
Spoken Language: English.
Meeting Point: Meeting point is at Zappio Hall. Further details will be sent after booking.
Group Size: Max. 12 participants.
Pace: Moderate physical activity.
Included: Professional English Speaking Sports Trainer.
Excluded: Entry fees (€5 per person, can be purchased on the spot)
Note: Mild outdoor physical activity is involved but you can work on your own pace. The tour is unavailable on public holidays: January 1st, March 25th, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, May 1st, 25th & 26th December.
Discounts for Young Travellers: Children 0-5 yrs: Free | Children 6-11 yrs: €23/child | Children 12-17 yrs: €36/child. Ask for your Discount Code here.
Vendor: Alternative Athens
100% refund up to 72 hours prior to tour/workshop, except processing fees (Paypal/credit card). 50% refund between 72 and 24 hours prior to tour/workshop, except processing fees (Paypal/credit card). No refund less than 24 hours prior to tour/workshop. 100% refund if the tour/workshop is cancelled by us, including processing fees.
- Confirmation to be received as soon as possible (within 24 hours from booking)
- You can present either a print out or an electronic booking confirmation for this activity
- Complete information on Vendor, including local telephone numbers at your destination, will be sent with your Booking Confirmation. The TravelPorter hand-picks the most remarkable, experienced and reliable vetted professionals for a pleasant experience from booking to completion.